May 2020, Week 4
Each ripe strawberry is an invitation to the season: a burst of sweet fruit that seems like it shines new light on the whole world. We can easily eat a strawberry with no attention to its shape or taste, just chasing that mouthful of sweetness. But when we truly tune in, the experience becomes one that appeals to more than just our sense of taste. We can feel the bumps, the irregularities, examining the shape of each unique fruit. We can close our eyes and smell the rich scent, and then, of course, the main event: we can taste.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
At our strawberry experience, we have a full-body encounter with the strawberry. We discover what it means that each of these plants grows, even here far from its native land. You'll explore, tune in, and leave with a half-pint of hand-picked strawberries to take home and savor.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Our strawberry experience is limited to small groups to keep the exploration personal, so click HERE to visit our website to see available dates and times today!
This week in your Simple Share...Garlic Scapes - 1 bunch
Garlic Scape Hummus
- 3 15.5 oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup garlic scapes, chopped
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- In a food processor, chop garlic scapes
- Combine chickpeas, tahini, and lemon juice with garlic scapes, and process.
- Your mixture will be fairly thick. Add water and process again.
- Slowly add olive oil while continuing to blend.
- Add cumin and sea salt, and blend one more time. Enjoy!
French Scallions - 1 bunch
Cheddar Cheese Green Onion Dip
Potatoes - 4 lbs
Mashed Potato and Corn Fritters
Apples - 3 lbs
Roasted Apple Arugula Salad
Arugula - 1 bag
Arugula and Strawberry Salad
Grab some of our fresh-picked, farm-grown strawberries from the market to complete this dish!
Onions - 2 Lg
Caramelized Onion Bisque
Radishes - 1 bunch
Greek yogurt Coleslaw with Radishes
Monteray Jack Cheese - 1
Heber Valley Cheese
Green Enchilada Sauce - 1 jar
We'll see you next week!
- The Simple Share Team