February 2020, Week 3
Make whatever you're doing this week special with a little extra burst of flavor. The farm market is open for you to visit Mondays and Saturdays from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, for you to wander as you plan your dinner. It's open to whatever brings you inspiration, giving you just the basic colors you need to paint whatever picture you carry in your mind.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Everything we carry is something we chose especially because we love it, and appreciate the people who make it. We know you'll appreciate them too.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Stop in anytime before 6 pm to find your inspiration.
This week in your Simple Share...
Sorrel - 1 bunch
Spinach - 1 bag
Balsamic Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 large white onion sliced into rings
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms washed and sliced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white wine optional
- Heat the olive oil and butter together in a large skillet.
- Add in the onions and start frying. Fry for 5 minutes to get them started then add in the mushrooms.
- Fry until the mushrooms have reduced in size and lost their moisture and the onions are softened completely.
- Add in the garlic and saute until browned and fragrant.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and wine and cook another 2 minutes, making sure to deglaze the bottom of the pan ( scrape off any browned tasty bits so that it goes into the sauce!)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve!
Cauliflower - 1 head
Garlic and Herb Roasted Cauliflower
Arugula - 1 bag
Savory Oats with Arugula and Poached Egg
Carrots - 1 bunch
Fresh picked, farm-grown carrots in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors.
Apples - 3 lbs
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies
Pork Breakfast Sausage - 1 lb
Petersen Family Farm
Eggs - 1 dozen
Clifford Family Farm
We'll see you next week!
- The Simple Share Team